From Textpattern CMS User Documentation
Plugins allow functional extension without jeopardizing paths of future updates. While there is no guarantuee that plugins will continue to work after an update (plugin authors must ensure their plugins work at every new Textpattern release), there is a lot of effort put into maintaining backwards compatibility within a development branch of Textpattern itself.
Ready to create a plugin? Begin with the Reading up.
- What is a Plugin?
- Plugin basics
- Plugin Development Guidelines
- Creating Plugin Help Guidelines
- How Plugins are Loaded
- Using callbacks ("in between" Plugins)
- Textpattern Plugin Anatomy
- Creating an Admin Side Theme
Tools and Aides
- Plugin Template
- Phpxref: Comprehensive Cross-reference of Textpattern Functions and Variables
- Core Function Reference (in progress)
- Plugins for creating plugins:
- Commandline plugin decoder
- Generate a list of tags and attributes
- Classes in plugins
- Wilshire One's:
- Global Variables:
- Plugin Development Mailing List
- Code hosting
- How do I fetch the current development version?
- Reserved Plugin Prefixes (these are not available to new plugin authors)
- Admin Events and Steps
- User Roles and Permissions
- Database Schema Reference
- Extensions (the Extensions tab in admin-side for administration-related plugins)